Ask these questions:
- Why am I remodeling?
- How much do I want to spend?
- Is the remodeling for my pleasure or to upgrade for reselling?
- Make out a budget following these guidelines:
On a $400,000 Home, You will want to cap at $60,000 for remodeling using the following percentages.
- Finished attic account for 10-15%
- ½ bath= 5%, bathrooms,
- Full bath: 5-10%
- Kitchen 10-15% of the property value.
Once you have devised a budget, interview General contractors, asking for copies of their licenses and insurances, including workman’s comp. Make your choice, sign the contract and you are on your way to a beautiful like new Torrance home.