Where you decide to buy a Hermosa Beach home or any other South Bay house, the location not only affects the homes current value but also affects future value, your standard of living and your lifestyle. It’s important that you be direct with your real estate agent or broker about your preferences with regards to neighborhoods, amenities, schools, parks, etc.
Some important factors that you should carefully consider and communicate to your Realtor are the following:
- Location: rural, city, urban, or suburban
- Your commuting times for you and your family. This means for work and schools and commuting to the conveniences that you are used to. Shopping, entertainment, gasoline stations, post office, etc.
- What school district are the kids going to be in. Check out the district and how the schools score statewide.
- Get a list of all desirable neighborhoods in the community or city that you want to move to.
- Proximity to restaurants, entertainment, parks, recreation centers, banking, and retail shops, grocery stores.
- Proximity to transportation hubs: Airports, trains, buses, and major highways.
- Proximity to medical offices and health care facilities.
- How long do you plan on living in your new home? If your real estate agent or Realtor is aware of your plans, he/she can research growth trends, and planned developments in the area that might affect your lifestyle and overall standard of living. This could affect your return on your investment dollar over time.