My whole family has been wanting to go on a picnic, but away from home, or the beach area. When I asked my neighbor about good places to go on a picnic, she suggested that we head up to to Palos Verdes. Palos Verdes? I guess not too many people think about Palos Verdes as being an area to have a picnic at, however not too many years ago, that area of the South Bay was not populated like it is today. You could drive for miles winding around hilly roads lined with tall trees and wild vegetation of all sorts. The roads were even dirt in some areas. Around the late 1950s, new Palos Verdes homes started to sprout up here and there and little by little more and more people moved into the beautiful area. Today, you can drive around the hill to the other side that looks out toward Catalina Island and you can still see where Marineland used to be. Its really worth the time to visit the whole hill and see the history there, including the old lighthouse, and some of the other famous places over toward the San Pedro side.
Find your perfect home listed at http://www.beachcitiesonline.com/
- The South Bay Is A Great Place To Go Green
- Why Buy Now?
- Home Prices Jump in the South Bay
- Town Hall Meeting Torrance: Here Ye! Here Ye!
- Come Celebrate Torrance HS 100 Year Celebration
- South Bay’s Got Talent
- Public Hearing Proposed Apartment Complex on NE corner of Crenshaw and Lomita
- “Hidden” Costs of Homeownership
- Football in SoCal This Summer
- A Beach in Torrance?
- What to Look for in a 1031 Exchange
- Navy / Fleet Week in San Pedro
- Home Prices Go Up:The Cost of Waiting
- Lomita Founders Day
- Two Important Fund Raisers