Manhattan Beach lead the strong rebound in California’s luxury housing market in 2013 as sales of homes costing $1 million or more soared 45% to their highest level in six years. According to La Jolla based DataQuick, 39,175 homes costing $1 million or more were purchased. Manhattan Beach recorded 439 million plus sales, the most in the state in 2013. Even some undeveloped lots sold for $900,000. Malibu had the most expensive sale in 2013, $74.5 million for an 8 bedroom, 14 bath beachfront estate on almost 5 acres. This was also the most expensive sale in the U.S. at the time and a record for Malibu. In some communities, including Santa Monica, all of the sales last year were $1 million or more according to DataQuick.
Find your perfect home listed at http://www.beachcitiesonline.com/
- The South Bay Is A Great Place To Go Green
- Why Buy Now?
- Home Prices Jump in the South Bay
- Town Hall Meeting Torrance: Here Ye! Here Ye!
- Come Celebrate Torrance HS 100 Year Celebration
- South Bay’s Got Talent
- Public Hearing Proposed Apartment Complex on NE corner of Crenshaw and Lomita
- “Hidden” Costs of Homeownership
- Football in SoCal This Summer
- A Beach in Torrance?
- What to Look for in a 1031 Exchange
- Navy / Fleet Week in San Pedro
- Home Prices Go Up:The Cost of Waiting
- Lomita Founders Day
- Two Important Fund Raisers