Home maintenance not only helps to maintain your homes value, it will help your future sale.
Please consider these items that require a regular checkup schedule:
- Test your smoke and fire alarms and replace batteries if needed. This simple step could save your life.
- Replace the filters in your furnace, air conditioner, etc. regularly as recommended by the manufacturers.
- Inspect your fire extinguisher, making sure it is fully charged, the lock pin is intact and the discharge nozzle is not clogged.
- Vacuum air supply and air return registers to eliminate dust buildup.
Schedule semi-annual maintenance inspections on your heating and cooling system to ensure proper performance.
- Grind up ice cubes in your garbage disposal to clean the blades, then grind up citrus fruit rinds with baking soda to prevent or eliminate unpleasant odors.
- Check for cracks in the caulking around your windowsills, counter tops, faucets, bathtubs, toilets, sinks, backsplashes and any other area that apply.
- Drain two gallons of water from your water heater to remove sediment from the bottom of the tank.
- Take a walk around the outside of your home regularly to look for any potential problems.
- Don’t defer maintenance on your home. Resolving issues promptly will typically save money in the long run.