Find your perfect home listed at http://www.beachcitiesonline.com/
- The South Bay Is A Great Place To Go Green
- Why Buy Now?
- Home Prices Jump in the South Bay
- Town Hall Meeting Torrance: Here Ye! Here Ye!
- Come Celebrate Torrance HS 100 Year Celebration
- South Bay’s Got Talent
- Public Hearing Proposed Apartment Complex on NE corner of Crenshaw and Lomita
- “Hidden” Costs of Homeownership
- Football in SoCal This Summer
- A Beach in Torrance?
- What to Look for in a 1031 Exchange
- Navy / Fleet Week in San Pedro
- Home Prices Go Up:The Cost of Waiting
- Lomita Founders Day
- Two Important Fund Raisers
Tag Archives: South Bay Beaches Realtor
A good of friend of mine sent me the following email the other day.
She said, “I am realizing that I am spending less and less time in my car than what I used to. Virtually everything I need is almost within walking distance of my home, which is close to the beach-front. Shopping is a breeze downtown or at The Village Shopping Center up on PCH and Marine Avenue. Upscale stores like Macy’s and other national retail outlets are available as are specialty shops and many one of a kind chic shops.
We have wonderful fully equipped parks, many with tennis courts, basketball courts and other recreational facilities. Even along the beach are park areas with grass, restrooms, etc. for the pleasure of who ever wants to use them. They are well manicured and very well kept and have lush green lawns and trees for that summertime needed shade. I can ride my bike to work and don’t need my car to go shopping; “I think I am going to get rid of the ole gas guzler”.
I am going green all the way ! ” Continue reading
After driving around the hill in Palos Verdes to catch a glimpse of the old lighthouse and to see Donald Trumps new golf course where Marineland used to be, I decided to go visit San Pedro and go onto some of the navy ships that are visiting San Pedro for ‘Navy Week’.
What a great idea and great success it turned out to be. Thousands of people came and went onto the ships to see our great battleships and our first line of defense. It took hours to get here for those who are not lucky enough to live in the South Bay. Even with the frustrated delays, it was worth every minute we all had to wait. Continue reading
Luxury Homes in the South Bay area of Southern California are available. Continue reading
I have held the same Job for 25 years, but I have some negative payment history. Can I still purchase a home in the South Bay.
Employment status or employment history has nothing to do with your credit score, but some lenders may review it to determine if you are stable enough to repay a loan.
Your income has nothing to do with credit scores. Your savings has nothing to do with your FICO’s credit scoring equation. However, some lenders may consider these factors to determine the likelihood that you will default on a loan.
I cannot get a loan due to poor credit. This is not true. There are many lenders who give loans for bad credit but charge high interest rates.
Bad Credit never goes away. With sound debt-management practices, the negative marks will eventually vanish. Late payments, bankruptcies, foreclosures and collections typically remain on your credit report for seven years. (The exceptions are Chapter 7 bankruptcies and tax liens, which remain for 10 years and indefinitely, respectively.)
All Credit scores are created equal. Each of the three major credit bureaus produces a FICO score based on the information it has about your credit history. Continue reading
Manhattan Beach lead the strong rebound in California’s luxury housing market in 2013 as sales of homes costing $1 million or more soared 45% to their highest level in six years. ayres-manhattan-beachAccording to La Jolla based DataQuick, 39,175 homes costing $1 million or more were purchased. Manhattan Beach recorded 439 million plus sales, the most in the state in 2013. Even some undeveloped lots sold for $900,000. Malibu had the most expensive sale in 2013, $74.5 million for an 8 bedroom, 14 bath beachfront estate on almost 5 acres. This was also the most expensive sale in the U.S. at the time and a record for Malibu. In some communities, including Santa Monica, all of the sales last year were $1 million or more according to DataQuick. Continue reading
If your credit report is not good, you will not be able to get a loan or your interest rate and fees will be high. Continue reading
It’s official … Manhattan Beach had the most $1,000,000 + homes sold in 2013 per Gregory Wilcox, Daily Breeze writer. Manhattan Beach recorded 439 million-plus sales — the most in the state in 2013 — edging out Hillsborough in Northern … Continue reading
According to the National Association of Realtors homes sales in 2013 were the highest level in seven years.
Sales totaled 5.09 million, the best performance since 2006, when sales totaled 6.48 million. The median price of an existing home rose 11.5 percent last year to $197,100, the highest in eight years.
This is more proof that our real estate market is on the upswing and all is getting healthy once more. Continue reading
Sometimes when we purchase a home, we do so knowing that the kitchen needs some updating or at least some TLC. The challenge is then is find the money to make some changes. Well there are many small inexpensive way to give jazz up a space without breaking the bank.
I suggest as your first step, check ut some magazines for ideas you can duplicate inexpensively. Here are some of my suggestions for you to consider.
1. Change up your walls: Choose neutral like beige or gray.
2. Brighten up the kitchen: Use mirrors. This can be very effective if you put the mirror across from a window. This also gives the illusion of a larger space. carol-mirrors
3. Make seasonal changes: Try removing pieces of furniture and decorations for a lighter feel.
4. Use slipcovers: Try using slipcovers over your dining chairs. carol2-chair covers
5. Cookbook Display: Align them in graduating sizes. Or color is another option.
This is a great Idea from Juniper Books
This is a great Idea from Juniper Books
6. Warm it up with rugs: Area rugs can add a splash of color and can hide a multitude of flooring problems.
7. Bring the outdoors inside: Plants are always in. They soften a space and make your room warm. carol3-plants
8. Change your look with accessories: A few new accessories can change your kitchen to dramatic!
9. Change the cabinet pulls: There are so many different styles of cabinet pulls these days. You can install. This can make your cabinets look new. carol1-pulls
We have a terrific Theater group here in Torrance Called the Torrance Theatre Company. Take advantage of the great entertainment right here in The South Bay by attending the plays being presented for the rest of this theater season.
2013-2014 Brochure Inside-Reduced Continue reading