No longer are homes painted with royal blue or red walls … or texture or lots of wallpaper. The new wave of color is White and the trend is for decorating with artwork. What do you think? According to an article by the Daily Real Estate “HomeOwners Have Big Interior Design Plans”, 44% of homeowners surveyed, would like to redesign their whole home.
- White paint is the most popular wall covering.
- Artwork is sprucing up more wall décor. One-in-five of home owners say they use art prints and original art to decorate their home’s walls.
- Accent walls remain popular but are most likely to be reserved for the study/home office, followed by a kids’ room or the master bedroom.
- Solids are the most popular fabric choice, followed by classics like stripes and florals. However, home owners under the age of 45 are more than twice as likely to use Chevron patterns than home owners over the age of 45.
- Hardwoods are the most desired flooring throughout a home, but 38 percent of home owners also said they planned to add carpet in the master bedroom.
- Nearly two-thirds of home owners are creating living rooms in the master bedroom by adding seating, a fireplace, or even a mini-fridge, the survey found.
- Dining rooms are getting more use and attention. Nearly three quarters of home owners surveyed say they use their dining room on a weekly basis. They most want to decorate the dining rooms with rectangle tables in dark wood or glass tables, with seating available for up to six people.
Which are your favorite colors and textures in your home?