The Los Angeles Kings announced Holiday Ice Outdoor Rinks to be located in five Southern California leisure spots including the press conference site, the Battleship Iowa in San Pedro. L.A. Kings president of business operations, Luc Robitaille, right, along with L.A. City Councilman Joe Buscaino, announced skating venues.
The locations are as follows:
- Woodland Hills: Westfield Promenade mall, 6100 Topanga Canyon Blvd. Nov. 12 through Feb. 20
- Long Beach: The Pike Outlets, 95 S. Pine Ave. Nov. 18 through Jan. 8
- San Pedro: Battleship Iowa, 250 S. Harbor Blvd. Nov. 19 through Jan. 8
- Redondo Beach: King Harbor, just north of the pier, 239 N. Harbor Drive. Nov. 19 (grand opening Nov. 18) through Jan. 8
- Los Angeles: L.A. LIVE, 800 W. Olympic Blvd. Nov. 26 through Jan. 8
Here in the South Bay the Ice has been at King Harbor for many years. However, I believe this is a first for the Iowa.
How would you build an ice rink on a battleship you may ask?
These two how to videos may offer an explanation. And might tempt you to try this in your own yard.